It may be March but for most of us it's still cold. I love hot chocolate but don't like the ready made ones are they are usually full of sugar and too sweet for me. I've concocted what I think it is the perfect hot chocolate. I make it with cashew milk, I'll pop the recipe for that below. Super easy to make and delicious.
This is also an easy way to add extra powders to your day such as mushroom powders or ashwagandha powder for some much needed stress relief.
I usually whizz it all up in my nutribullet if I'm making just one or two or my blender if I'm making it for more people.
The following measurements are per person, so just multiply by the amount that you are making it for.
Mushroom hot chocolate
- 1 cup / mug of almond or cashew milk per person
- 2 heaped tsp pure cacao powder
- I tsp mushroom powder (see below for ideas)
- Maple syrup or dark brown sugar (or other sweetener) to taste.
- For some added stress busting before bed add 1 tsp ashwagandga powder
Whizz it all up in your blender. Heat gently in a pan until it's almost boiling and pour into your favourite mug!
- Reishi for calm and before bed. Also good for strengthening the immune system.
- Lion's Mane for energy and focus. Ideal for in the morning when you have work to concentrate on.
- Cordyceps also good for the immune system and for inflammation. Said to be good for heart health, energy levels and anti ageing.
Easy Cashew Milk
Take a large handful of cashew nuts. Soak in water overnight. Pop into a high speed blender with 750ml water, 1tsp maple syrup, pinch of salt and a dash of vanilla essence. Whizz it all up for 1-2 mins, depending on the power of your blender. Put into a glass container. Keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge.